Because of the flexible shifts that nurses can take on there are a number of excellent temporary positions that nurses can take on in order to earn a bit of extra money or overtime. Upon completing your cna online training, many nurses Here are some of the top temporary jobs that nurses can take on in order to make a better wage:
- Working with a staffing agency: many staffing agencies can provide nurses with temporary shifts at medical facilities are looking for people during peak times. This type of work commonly resorts to nurses working in small clinics performing immunization, blood draw and more.
- Applying for immunization support: nurses are regularly hired to give out flu shots, do vaccinations at local community centers and even travel to give out immunization abroad. Applying for immunization support with an organization can be a fantastic way to get a temporary position.
- Call center work: Working as a call center nurse often involves helping with medical triage over the phone for diagnosis. Nurse advice lines can also be helpful to patients that need assistance with remaining comfortable with their condition and more.
- Medical transcription support: Working to provide medical transcription in your off hours could be an excellent way that you can earn money from home. There are a number of agencies that can help nurses to use their spare time for medical transcription.
- Teaching: Many local colleges will provide support to nurses who are interested in teaching if they have many years of experience in the industry. You can also consider becoming a first aid or CPR trainer. Instructor training is fairly inexpensive and you could likely get your workplace to pay for the course to eventually charge in certifying other students.
Consider some of these top side jobs that nurses can take on if you work in a nursing profession that has flexible shifts. Don't have your nursing certification yet? Consider one of the schools listed here and learn to become a nurse in no time! Already have your nursing certification? Then head here to begin your nursing job search.